Sunday 7 June 2020

Velcome to my Lair...


Hello! 

My name is Batina Darken and welcome to my Blog.

Since as long as I can remember I have been in love with Spooky things. As a child I would read and watch Funny Bones. A series about the Adventures of a family of skeletons. Then came along The Goosebumps Books, and Eerie, Indiana- a TV show with a few Wicked Secrets.. Then Hocus Pocus, The Craft, Practical Magic and of course Harry Potter. 

BUT, one of the most influential catalyst for my love of all things spooky was Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Her witt, her Kick-ass, saving the world mission and her Vampire lovers.. kicked started my true love of Paranormal Romance Novels (PNR). 

Good PNR novels have a strong heroine, a possessive alpha and a believable world in which the supernatural co-exist. 
Recently, Covid-19 has caused a lot of stress. I work for the NHS and although I'm not front-line staff, it's not been easy. I've been working from home so I have had extra time and colouring has been a life-saver. 

Adult Colouring books took off a few years ago and there is pretty much a book for everyone. The Spooky books are numerous and I've loved finding new ones and locating local businesses on Etsy to feed my habit. 

'Batina Darken' is my pseudonym. I am working to be a published author of Paranormal Romance, but I also want to create a blog featuring my favourite novels, but in addition I wanted a Blog to help other Colourist who prefer Spooky Colouring Books.

I am constantly learning new techniques and skills with colouring pencils and I am really excited to help others develop their skills. 

Thank you for Reading this far, and I hope you'll pop back soon!! 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Bride of Frankenstein Colouring Page

Hey Spooks,  I was recently think how there are not very many Frankenstein Books. I’ve only heard of a few and it seems a waste of such a go...